Here are a few of the lodging, tour, and other travel deals around the USA for January 2014. Please note that these deals were current at the time of writing. About.com is not responsible for changes in any deal terms. Offers subject to availability and blackout dates. To make reservations or claim deal, please contact the deal offerer (hotel, tour company, etc.) directly.
- Colorado Springs: The Broadmoor's Spectacular Winter Savings Package, which runs through February 28, 2014, features 30% off rooms (rates from about $95); complimentary dining for children under 10 when accompanied by a paying adult; 15% discount at Broadmoor shops; free admission to The Broadmoor movie theater; and more. Guests staying over the weekend through April can enjoy complimentary activities, such as golf clinics, guided snowshoeing, etc.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii of Maui is offering Wailea Winter Deals from January through April 2014. The deals include 30% off one- to five- bedroom Maui private vacation homes and villas; dining certificates for local restaurants; free parking and wifi; and more.
- Santa Fe. The Inn at Loretto, one of New Mexico's most evocative hotels, is offering a Winter Wonderland package through February 28, 2014. Book a two-night stay and get a $50 dining credit, free entry for two to the Loretto Chapel, and more. Use code PWNTER.
New York City
- Hotel Week. New York City's 3rd Annual Hotel Week, which runs from January 3-12, will offer visitors a chance to snag a discounted room at one of 30 hotels where rates are normally in the $500 range. Hotel Week rates are $100, $200, and $300. Click on the above link for a list of participating hotels, rates, and booking links.
- Peterborough, New Hampshire: Jack Daniels Motor Inn is offering the Ski, Stay, Dine, and Save package for $89 per person. Deal includes accommodations, two anytime passes to Crotched Mountain Ski and Ride, and a $25 dining voucher. Available through April 15; does not include 9% New Hampshire room tax.
- Kimpton Hotels: Through January 26, three Seattle Kimpton Hotels -- Alexis, Monaco, and Vintage Park -- are offering the SOS (Save Our Sanity) Package, which includes 20% off the best available room rate, two complimentary glasses of champagne at the corresponding restaurant, and shopping discounts from Pacific Place. Use code SOS at checkout.
- The historic Greenbrier Resort offers a Tribute to their guests. From January 2-March 19, rates start from $89 per night Midweek (Sunday through Thursday) and from $119 on weekends. Some restrictions apply and deal is not available during Valentine's week.
- CityPASS: The discount ticket booklet for city attractions has a Winter Special for New York City, Seattle, Houston, Philadelphia, and Boston. "Purchase or start using a previously purchased CityPASS on or after December 15, 2013, and you'll have until February 28, 2014, to use each ticket once. (For travel starting February 20, 2014, or later, the normal nine-day validity period will apply.)"
- St. Thomas Adventure Excursions: Travelers visiting St. Thomas or St. John, USVI, in January can enjoy buy 1, get 1 free tour deals. Includes bike tours, all-inclusive beach days, shore fishing, kayak fishing, and adventure kayak, snorkel, and hike tour.
OTHER TRAVEL-RELATED DEALS
- Groundlink: The door-to-airport driving service is offering 10% off its fares through January 31. Use code "Travel10" when booking.