Here are some of the week's most interesting USA travel news and articles from around the web. To keep up with the latest events and news in the USA, check out my USA event calendar, with links to local guides across the country.
USA Travel News You Can Use
- Hawaiian Air Expands to East Coast (USA Today)
- America's Best New Parks (The Atlantic: Cities)
- Snag a Holiday Photo with a Dolphin in the Florida Keys (Visit Florida)
- Free Hoagies for a Year from Visit Philly's Facebook Contest (Visit Philly) - Hurry! Ends today!
- Ice Rink Reopens for Skating on the National Mall (MSNBC)
- TSA Shares Holiday Travel Tips (The Washington Post)
- 76-Second Travel Show: The Great Airport Shoe-Removal Debate (World Hum)
- DC Restaurant Creates Burgers for the 99% and the 1% (Eater National)
Ideas and Itineraries for USA Travel
- Five Fascinating Underground Railroad Bed-and-Breakfasts (The Daily Traveler blog from Condé Nast Traveler)
- 36 Hours in Santa Barbara, California (New York Times)
- 10 Days, 10 States, 10 Great American Insights (Gadling)
- 24 Hours in Portland, Oregon (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Museum Wallows in the Porcine (We Think) Glory of Spam (Montréal Gazette)